If you are planning to buy a home anytime soon, it is crucial to identify any form of defects or issues with the property during a home inspection. In this process our professional inspectors perform a complete house evaluation that can help you identify any property issues and anticipate problems that might arise in the future.
A home inspection is critical since it allows the buyer to rethink their decision in case of major defects, or plan the budget for future expenses.
Today we will be covering the common critical property issues found during a home inspection:
1. Foundation issues: a critical problem spotted during a home inspection. Properties being built on isolated reinforced concrete footing (at least for villas) will typically experience some forms for differential settlements, especially during the first 12 months after completion. These settlements are acceptable to a degree, until it is significant enough causing what is known as “settlement cracks” in reinforced concrete elements of the property such as beams, and columns. Structural engineer licensed as a property inspector will take a detailed look at the structural integrity of the house
2. Roofing Problems: another common issue spotted during the home inspection is a damaged roof. These problems can range from cracked concrete flooring, poorly finished flashing, unsealed through penetrations, etc. wich can all lead to water leakage during rain season
3. Water Pipeline Damage: Water damage is one of the common problems spotted in houses due to loose fittings, cracked pipes, wrong terminations, etc. The problem is that these pipes are typically hidden in the ceiling cavities above the drop ceiling and could not be seen without proper equipment such as infrared camera, moisture meter, etc.
4. Electrical Issues: Electrical issues are frequently spotted during home inspections, especially in new construction/pre handover. Things such as reverse wiring, or missing ground in an electrical outlet can be hazardous if not appropriately rectified on time.
Now that we have spotted some common critical issues found during the home inspection. Let's understand more about why these issues must be addressed in detail and how you can avoid further hiccups in your buying process. We will be covering some best tips for you in the blog further!
Foundational issues in a home:
Foundational issues are common while buying a new home but getting them fixed on time is necessary. Our inspectors can help you spot structural problems like cracks in the foundation and walls. You can save yourself from these expenses if you get your home inspected before buying the house. The seller has to pay for the repair expenses if you spot them before signing the contract.
Foundational issues can occur for multiple reasons but mostly because of the settling of the house. If there are large cracks in the foundation wall or a structural elements of the house, the rectification can be costly and cumbersome – you must get an estimate from a concrete repair specialised contractor before buying to understand the extent.
Also, property inspection services can help you calculate the cost of repairing the foundation issues.
Roofing Problems spotted in a home inspection:
Roofing issues are prevalent issues spotted during inspections. There are issues like shingles and leaks that should be fixed on time to prevent any future damages. The responsible inspector will always report the problem.
If roof damages are not taken seriously they can cause widespread problems like water damage. For buyers or sellers getting your roof inspected is vital to save yourself from future expenses. Also, especially for homeowners who are selling their home, roof renovation can bring you potential buyers and help you sell your home at reasonable rates.
Water Damage Issues in Home:
During the home inspection, it's common to spot water leakage. Water damage in the house is a sensitive issue as it can cause mold and mildew due to water logging. These problems are primarily spotted in kitchens and bathrooms. Old pipelines can cause water damage. Finding water damage can lead to future plumbing issues. Always get the leakage issues repaired to save you from future water flooding problems.
Electrical and pipelines are among the most critical problems buyers face after buying a home. As a buyer, you must ensure everything is operating correctly and safely. The home inspector will know how to trace electrical issues. Electrical issues can cause a fire or other electrical hazards. Outdated wiring is the most common problem found in old home inspections.
Tips to have a successful home inspection for buyers:
Now that you know some of the most common problems spotted during a home inspection. Let us go through some tips for conducting a successful home inspection for buyers!
1. Always make a list of concerns you want home inspectors to address.
2. Be sure you take the time to inspect your home correctly around every corner.
3. Take note of every detailed issue inspector has found during the inspection.
4. Remember to get a copy of the home inspection report to refer to later, especially when there are severe issues spotted in the house during the inspection.
At GTA Inspectors, we provide the best-in-class professional inspection to help you safely land in your dream home. Our property inspection service leaves no stone unturned. GTA Inspectors property snagging company in the UAE will assess the current condition of your home's major systems based on a visual, non-invasive inspection of accessible features. We focus on the house's performance, cosmetic faults, and design issues. Visit our blogs at GTA Inspectors for more information.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.